This placement test aims to test your level of English grammar and vocabulary. It follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, which classifies learners and speakers of a language into six groups: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2.
TABLE OF CONTENT
The A Basic user
It consists of A1 and A2.
A1 | Beginner: Can understand and use basic expressions to satisfy concrete needs. The learner can introduce himself/herself and ask others questions about personal details or interact simply if the other person speaks slowly and clearly.
A2 | Elementary: Can understand frequently used expressions in most intermediate areas such as shopping, family, employment, etc. He/she can complete routine tasks and involve a direct exchange of information. They can also describe matters of immediate need in simple terms.
The B Independent user
It is made up of B1 and B2.
B1 | Intermediate:
- Understand points regarding family, work, school, or leisure-related topics.
- Deal with most travel situations in areas where the language is spoken.
- Create simple texts on matters of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, dreams, ambitions, and opinions or plans in brief.
B2 | Upper-Intermediate
- Understand the main ideas of a complex text, such as a technical piece related to their field.
- Spontaneously interact without too much strain for the learner or the native speaker.
- Produce a detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
The C Proficient user
It contains C1 and C2.
C1 | Advanced
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts or conversations.
- Express ideas without too much searching.
- Effectively use the language for social, academic, or professional situations.
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics.
C2 | Proficiency
- Understand almost everything read or heard with ease.
- Summarize information from a variety of sources into a coherent presentation.
- Express themselves using precise meaning in complex scenarios.
Instructions: The test has 50 questions; each counts as one point. See how many correct answers you scored and check the conversion table below.
Total Score Level
0 – 15 Beginner
16 – 24 Elementary
25 – 32 Pre-intermediate
33 – 39 Intermediate
40 – 45 Upper-Intermediate
46 – 50 Advanced
Placement Test English
CLICK ON THE CORRECT ANSWER FOR EACH SENTENCE.